A tradition of outstanding results
While not a selective school, Danebank students score well above averages for the state in competitions and external examinations. Around 90% Danebank graduates qualify for university entrance.
Danebank has been listed as one of the state’s top schools for Mathematics and English as listed in the Sydney Morning Herald. These subjects have been chosen by the Board of Studies as best general indicators of schools’ results. Other HSC highlights have included:
- Firsts in the State – 2 Unit German, 2 Unit Legal Studies, 2 Unit Modern History, 2 Unit Computing, 3 Unit Legal Studies, 2 Unit Design & Technolgy (2008), Information Technology (2009), Modern Greek Beginners (2014)
- Most Danebank students gain tertiary degrees, leading to professional careers.
- In recent years, outstanding Drama results have resulted in one student having her Play presented in ‘OnStage’ at the Seymour Centre, another Drama student was invited to perform there and a third had her set designs displayed.
- Visual Arts works are regularly held over for the ArtExpress Exhibition.
- Design & Technology works are regularly held over for displays with the best in the state.
In a nutshell:
1. Danebank was listed as the highest scoring non-selective school in St George and Sutherlandshire regions.
2. 98% students qualified for Degree Courses
3. Five students achieved All-Rounder Awards
4. A student came first in the state in Modern Greek beginners
Read the full report HSC Results 2014