A tradition of outstanding results
While not a selective school, Danebank students score well above averages for the state in competitions and external examinations. Around 90% Danebank graduates qualify for university entrance.
Danebank has been listed as one of the state’s top schools for Mathematics and English as listed in the Sydney Morning Herald. These subjects have been chosen by the Board of Studies as best general indicators of schools’ results. Other HSC highlights have included:
- Firsts in the State – 2 Unit German, 2 Unit Legal Studies, 2 Unit Modern History, 2 Unit Computing, 3 Unit Legal Studies, 2 Unit Design & Technolgy (2008), Information Technology (2009)
- Most Danebank students attend university, leading to professional careers.
- In recent years, outstanding Drama results have resulted in one student having her Play presented in ‘OnStage’ at the Seymour Centre, another Drama student was invited to perform there and a third had her set designs displayed.
- Visual Arts works are regularly held over for the ArtExpress Exhibition.
- Design & Technology works are regularly held over for displays with the best in the state.
- In 11 of the school’s 31 courses, all students scored in Bands 5 or 6, ie above 80%. Subjects included Design & Technology, English Extension 1, English Extension 2, Geography, Japanese Continuers, Japanese Extension 1, Mathematics Extension 1, Music & Visual Arts.
- Top Individual results include: One student received an All-Rounder Award for gaining 90 or more marks in 10 units of work; One student came 2nd in the state in Biology and another student came 13th in the state in Standard English, both highly competitive subjects.
- Number of students’ Distinguished Achievement listings = 69
- Percentage Degree offers = 94%
- ATARS above 90 = 31%; ATARS above 80 = 60%
- Number of courses = 31