Gifted & Talented
Danebank intends to maximise the potential of gifted students through differentiated learning experiences and to ensure that all gifted and talented students are offered a learning environment that challenges and supports them in their learning.
- Accelerated Mathematics class Danebank offers gifted students the opportunity to study in an accelerated Mathematics class from Year 7 which continues to HSC level.
- Differentiated programs for gifted and talented students in the classroom provide activities particularly suited to their aptitudes.
- External subject-based enrichment activities.
- Extension work that stretches the boundaries of students who have mastered core curriculum content and processes.
- Provision of opportunities for the application of knowledge beyond the classroom such as da Vinci Decathlon, Mock Trial and SCIENTIA.
- Access to experts engaged in key fields of expertise related to subject content.
- Open High School for girls who would like to extend their studies outside the Danebank curriculum.
- Graded classes and special enrichment programs and opportunities to challenge gifted students within class groups.
- Acceleration for individuals may be offered to outstanding students in relevant subject areas.
- Gifted and talented students sit for many academically challenging competitions, attend special workshops, field trips and excursions.
- Individual acceleration in other subjects may be offered to outstanding students.
We believe that girls achieve their best in an all-girls environment where ALL activities and opportunities are for girls and there are no gender restrictions. Danebank girls are encouraged to applaud their classmates for their successes and to always be mindful of the needs of others. Our girls forge great friendships that are life-long.
Danebank offers opportunities for all girls to develop their talents beyond the classroom, with programs in music, drama, debating, sports, leadership, outdoor education, and service to others.
This is all supported by the strong Christian culture of the School. Classes are graded and special enrichment programmes and opportunities challenge gifted students within class groups.
Gifted and talented students sit for many academically challenging competitions, attend special workshops, field trips and excursions. View the Extra Opportunities for our students.