How to Enrol
Danebank welcomes new enrolments annually in Pre-Kindergarten, Year 7 and Year 11.
Entry to other year groups depends on availability.
Step 1: Submit an application
Parents interested in enrolling their daughter at Danebank are encouraged to submit applications as early as possible after the birth of their daughter. All applications must be in writing and address the criteria listed on the Application Form, including payment of the appropriate Application Fee.
Main entry years are:
- Pre-Kindergarten: Your daughter must have turned 4 by March 31. There is an option for a girl to begin Pre-K if she turns 4 by May 31, however, please be advised that these younger students may be asked to complete two years of Pre-K.
- Year 5
- Year 7
Places in all other years, may be offered based on vacancies that arise from time to time, so early entry onto our waiting list is advised.
We warmly welcome new families to our school and encourage you to discover our Junior and Senior Schools through a tour. We look forward to meeting you and to assisting parents in enrolling their daughter. Our enrolment process aims to provide efficient and helpful guidance to parents, while ensuring our schools’ policies are upheld.
Step 2: Waiting list
Danebank offers multiple programs, both academic and extra curricular, to encourage student engagement at many levels. We seek to provide access to the school for as many students as possible. However, due to the demand for places at the School, submission of an Application should not be considered a guarantee of a position at any time. An Application received is security of a position on our waiting list for request year and will be processed in the order that it is received relative to other applications.
Therefore, if a place is not available at the time and year requested, and with the approval of parents, Danebank will continue to carry the application forward for future years until a suitable place may be available.
Upon receipt of an Enrolment Application our Registrar will confirm your daughter's position on our waiting list by providing families with a confirmation letter and will continue to provide families with up to date information about events happening at Danebank such as tours, open mornings, our Autumn Fair and so on.
Step 3: Interviews
Students and their parents/guardians will be invited to attend an interview. These interviews for girls entering Pre Kindergarten to Year 6 will be conducted with our Head of Junior School or a Delegate and for Year 7 to 12 with our School Principal or a Senior Executive Staff member prior to an offer being made. The interview helps to establish that parent expectations and student needs are clearly compatible with the philosophy and offerings of the School and that the School has the capacity to meet those expectations and needs.
An offer of enrolment is based on a variety of factors such as, but not limited to:
- Availability of a suitable place in the requested year of entry
- Parents who are Christian Clergy
- A Parent or sibling who is an ex-student of the school Old Girls Assosication
- Children of Sydney Anglican Schools Corporation staff
- Siblings attending the school
- Family links with a Christian church
- Awarding of a Scholarship
- Date of application
- The student’s ability to benefit from the programs provided by the School
Offers will be made following these interviews.
Step 4: Letter of Offer for Enrolment
- On receipt of a formal Letter of Offer, families have 30 days to accept the place. Acceptance is acknowledged by signing and returning the Acceptance form with the required Acceptance fee. This fee is non-refundable.
- Parents’ acceptance of a place is acknowledged by letter with a receipt for payment of the Acceptance Fee.
- Families are invited to attend Orientation events.