Danebank has again been ranked as the top-performing, non-selective school in St George and Sutherland Shire in the 2019 Higher School Certificate, shooting up 26 places to rank 34th in NSW.
Danebank proudly acknowledges the Class of 2019 for their excellent academic, creative and performing arts achievements.
HSC Report Summary for Class of 2019:
- Danebank continues to be listed among the state’s top 100 schools, coming 34th out of more than 700 schools in NSW. The school moved up from 60th in 2018.
- Danebank continues to be the top non-selective school in both St George and Sutherland Shire. In fact, with these results, only one selective school in these shires ended two places ahead of Danebank.
- Two students were recognised as Top Achievers for achieving one of the highest places in an HSC course: Olivia Christodoulou placed 5th in Hospitality and Claire Xue placed 16th in Chemistry.
- Eight students were designated as All-Rounder for achieving the highest possible grade in 10 units of study. It is the highest annual number of Danebank students to achieve this in the last decade. Congratulations Emma-Lucille Blayney, Rachel Fitzpatrick, Jennifer Kaploun, Hayley Lynch, Emily Semsarian, Brooke Srour, Claire Xue and Amelia Zeitoun.
- Our highest ATAR score was 99.82 achieved by Clair Xue (2019 Dux)
- 59 students were listed as Distinguished Achievers in a range of subjects (received a Band 6 in one or more courses)
- More than 43 percent of our HSC students received an ATAR of 90 and above; the highest percentage ever for Danebank.
- Three students had their projects nominated for Encore 2019, with Bronte Ballantine-Jones ultimately selected to perform.
- One student, Carissa James, was nominated for TexStyle 2019 and her major work has been selected for inclusion.
- Five students had their projects nominated for Shape 2019.
- Two students, Chelsea Mitchell and Vella Tudor-Brown have had their work selected to exhibit at the Art Rules Exhibition at Hazelhurst Gallery.
- Two students, Claire Zue and Rachel Fitzpatrick received Mathematics Scholarships from University of NSW.
Danebank’s NAPLAN results are well above state averages. Parents can access ongoing NAPLAN results at the My School website or through the Danebank Annual Report.
Danebank students regularly score well above averages for the state in competitions and external examinations. See the Annual Report on the publications page to view the latest results.