While not a selective school, Danebank students score well above averages for the state in
competitions and external examinations.
HSC Report Summary for Class of 2017:
- Danebank continues to be listed among the state’s top 100 schools, coming 59th out of more than 700 schools in NSW.
- Danebank is once again the top non-selective school in both St George and Sutherland Shire.
- Seven students were designated as All-Rounders, i.e. they each achieved Band 6, or more than 45/50, in 10 units.
- Our School Dux, scored an ATAR of 99.8 and placed third in the state in Music 1 as well as third in Studies of Religion 1.
- 62 students were listed as Distinguished Achievers in a range of subjects (received a Band 6 in one or more courses).
- More than 30% of our HSC students received an ATAR of 90 and above.
- Our top performing subjects against the State this year were: Design and Technology, Standard English, Food Technology, General Mathematics, Music 1 and PD/H/PE.
- The entire cohort is eligible for university placement.
- In seven courses all the Danebank students achieved a Band 5 or 6 (i.e. above 80%).
- Six students successfully completed their HSC in Life Skills.
- According to the information we have received, more than 30 percent of the cohort has achieved ATARs above 90.
Danebank’s NAPLAN results are well above state averages. Parents can access ongoing NAPLAN results at the My School website or through the Danebank Annual Report.
Danebank scores very highly in external competitions. See the annual report on the publications page to view the latest results.