Danebank is proud to announce the amazing HSC results of our Year 12 Class of 2021.
The Danebank Council and Staff will remember our Class of 2021 for their grace resilience and determination. In spite of significant obstacles they had to overcome, each girl embraced the challenges, learning about and building their reserves, capacity and resilience.
Four Danebank students scored an Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR), above 99, placing them in the top one percent nationally.
WIth their permission, we share:
- Emily Farah: 99.8
- Kaitlyn Chong: 99.25
- Rose Baker: 99.25
- Nicole Mukunda: 99
- 51 HSC students were included on the 2021 HSC Honour Roll.
- Top Achiever:
Michaela Lee 8th History Extension
(Student achieved one of the state’s highest places in an HSC course or VET examination and also achieved a result in the highest band (Band 6 or Band E4).
- All Rounders:
(Students who achieved a result in the highest band (Band 6 or Band E4) in 10 or more units of courses.)
- 14.1% of Danebank Year 12 students achieved an ATAR above 95, placing them in the top five percent nationally.
- 31.7% of Danebank Year 12 students achieved an ATAR above 90, placing them in the top 10 percent nationally.
- 57.6% of Danebank Year 12 students scored an ATAR of 80 or above, placing them in the top 20 percent nationally.
- 100% of the year level completed leadership training as they entered
Year 11, with many continuing to serve throughout Year 12 on the Prefect Leadership team.
- Of the 36 girls who have been working towards their Gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award, 14 have achieved the final Award. This is a remarkable achievement given the COVID-19 restrictions and difficulties encountered. The rest of the group are not far off finishing their Gold Award. All 36 participants should be congratulated on their efforts.
- Georgia Thurston: HSC major Artwork, Birdhouse Aviotique, has been selected to exhibit as part of the prestigious ArtExpress exhibition at the Bank Art Museum, Moree. Georgia’s Visual Arts Body of Work was also awarded the Annual Danebank Art Acquisition Prize.
- Ruby Groundwater: HSC Music performance That’s Life was nominated for ENCORE, the showcase of a selection of performances and compositions.
- Katelyn Kotevski: Nominated for Shape 2021, HSC Textiles & Design. Katelyn’s dress was selected for Textstyle 2022, HSC Textiles & Design.
- Charlotte Heard: Nominated for Shape 2021, HSC Design & Technology.
- Gabriella Harb: Selected as a Finalist in the Top 50 Year 12 Trailblazer Awards.