While not a selective school, Danebank students score well above averages for the state in competitions and external examinations. Danebank proudly acknowledges the Class of 2018 for their excellent academic, creative and performing arts achievements.
HSC Report Summary for Class of 2018:
- Danebank continues to be listed among the state’s top 100 schools, coming 60th out of more than 700 schools in NSW
- Danebank is once again the top non-selective school in both St George and Sutherland Shire
- Two students were designated as All-Rounders
- The highest ATAR score was 99.65
- 43 students were listed as Distinguished Achievers in a range of subjects (received a Band 6 in one or more courses)
- More than 38% of our HSC students received an ATAR of 90 and above; the highest percentage in the last 7 years
- Four students had their projects nominated for Shape 2018, with one ultimately selected for the Shape Exhibition
- Four students were nominated for On Stage
- One student selected to exhibit at the Art Rules Exhibition at Hazelhurst Gallery
- One student selected nominated for Callback Dance
- Two students received the Vice-Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Award and Scholarship from the University of Wollongong
- One student received a Scholarship from University of Sydney
- Over 90% of our HSC subjects performed better than the NSW average
- In eight courses all Danebank students achieved a Band 5 or 6 (i.e. above 80%)
- Three students successfully completed their HSC in Life Skills
Danebank’s NAPLAN results are well above state averages. Parents can access ongoing NAPLAN results at the My School website or through the Danebank Annual Report.
Danebank scores very highly in external competitions. See the Annual Report on the publications page to view the latest results.