Technological & Applied Studies
There has been a revolution in the teaching of Technological and Applied Studies fields in the past 10 years. Today, every school subject incorporates the use of technology in the learning process. The school has a BYOD policy (Bring Your Own Device) which targets specific laptops, Apple computers iPads etc that are suitable for students’ educational studies and will integrate with the school’s networks.
Danebank has numerous computer laboratories and other specialist rooms, with computerised equipment. The school also has a dedicated IT department which manages all online systems and equipment.
- Workshops with industrial machinery including CAM (computer controlled machinery), lathe and 3D Printers.
- Textiles Technology Room with sewing machines, overlockers and computerised embroidery machines.
- A large state of the art commercial Hospitality Kitchen.
- Computer Laboratories with a variety of the latest relevant software applicable to teaching multimedia and other technology subjects.
Specific technological and applied studies subjects enable students to specialise in the use of technological equipment and processes.
- Design & Technology
- Textiles & Design
- Food Technology
- Industrial Technology – Multi Media
In recent years, Danebank students have performed very well, coming first in the state in the Higher School Certificate subjects of Design and Technology and Information Technology.