A Leading Girls' School
Danebank is one of the leading Christian girls’ schools in Australia with a wonderful reputation and proud history of excellence and innovation in thinking, learning and care. We nurture and inspire girls to flourish through inclusive and powerful educational opportunities.
We aspire for each girl to belong and become all she is purposed to be.
Our guiding values are compassion, truth, integrity, respect, responsibility, understanding and character. The life of our school is anchored in a Christian foundation and our worship and spiritual life is grounded in the Anglican tradition. The very essence of our motto - Ut Prosim That I May Serve - reflects our intention for each girl to develop meaning in her life, to grow in faith, to serve others and to contribute to society into the future.
Our approach to education is futures-focused and holistic: we integrate student wellbeing, learning and personal development to help shape the social, emotional, physical, cognitive and spiritual aspects of each individual.
Danebank acknowledges and values the contribution that all staff, teaching and operational, make to the achievement of the School’s strategy and is committed to supporting all staff in their endeavours.
Danebank staff are passionate about learning and deeply committed to the wellbeing and growth of each girl. Our heart to serve and vision to improve drives our collaboration, innovation, professional growth and pursuit of the best for ourselves and our community. Staff enjoy working in our engaging environment.
When no positions are advertised
Applications are welcome when no positions are advertised. Such applications may be held until positions become available. Suitable applicants may then be contacted for an interview with the Principal. While most positions are advertised, suitable applicants whose applications are on file may be contacted first. If you wish to apply, download the appropriate forms (right) and under "What you need to apply", and fill in the title of the role that best suits you. Complete a full CV with supporting names of referees and professional documents as listed below.
Positions available are listed to the right. The following papers should be lodged with an application.
- Completed Application Form (See "What you need to apply" to the right)
- Cover letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Names of professional and personal referees. Personal referees should include a church minister where possible.
- Working With Children Check (WWCC)
- A certified photocopy of your Driver’s Licence or Passport
Applications should be marked confidential and addressed to:
Dr Emma Burgess, Principal
Mail: Danebank An Anglican School for Girls, 80-98 Park Road HURSTVILLE NSW 2220
It is an offence under the NSW Child Protection Act for a person convicted of a serious sex offence to apply for these positions. Preferred applicants will be subject to employment screening.
Benefits for Danebank staff
- Danebank employs staff in reference to the Independent Schools NSW/ACT Multi-Enterprise Agreements
- Computing device as appropriate for teaching staff
- Professional learning opportunities through an active staff development program
- Onsite parking for most staff
- Generous reduction in school fees for staff children
Current Positions Available
- Head of Finance and Administration
- Mathematics Teacher Ext 1&2
(FT, Permanent, 2022)
- English Teacher
(PT, Permanent, 2022)
- Science Teacher (Chemistry)
(FT, Temp, From Term 4 2021, onwards)
- TAS Teacher (D&T/Textiles)
(PT, Maternity leave, 2022)
- Science Laboratory Assistant
(FT, Permanent, From Term 4 2021, onwards)
- Administrative Assistant to Learning Enrichment
(PT, Permanent, 2022)
- Junior School Classroom Teachers
(FT, 12 months, 2022)
- Junior School Learning Assistant
- Music Tutors
- Casual Teachers (Primary and Secondary)
Applications via the link below
- Learn-to-Swim Instructors
Please note: It is advisable that you keep copies of all documents submitted with your application. Any documents supplied with your application will not be returned.